A study carried out by the London Chamber of Commerce identified that:
- 90% of businesses that lose data from a disaster are forced to shut within 2 years of the disaster
- 80% of businesses without a well structured recovery plan are forced to shut within 12 months of a flood or fire
- 43% of companies experiencing disasters never recover
No business is immune to a crisis but small and medium sized
organisations may not have the resources or flexibility of
larger companies. A major incident can happen day or night,
during weekends and holidays. It may be something as simple
as your staff winning the lottery.
A Business Continuity Plan will help you to anticipate those crises that could affect you and to plan for them.
Working with Johnston Robertson Business Consulting creating a robust and relevant Business Continuity Plan will enable clients to:
- Be better equipped to survive a business crisis
- Build business confidence for customers and employees
- Ensure stakeholder confidence
A business’s ability to demonstrate full Business Continuity Management is receiving increasing focus in tender processes. Compliance to BS25999:2007 is becoming the preferred method for a business to demonstrate this, with references to the standard appearing in many pre tender questionnaires. Johnston Robertson Business Consulting is able to support your business through the certification process.